ASSESSOR GIS PART-TIME REAL ESTATE DEPUTY
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
This position involves greeting the public in person or over phone and relies on great customer service skills used in obtaining the correct information used in assessing personal vehicles, boats, trailers, RV's, motorcycles, ATV’s; assisting with internet assessments and business personal assessment all used later for tax collections purposes. As with all part-time positions, the position is dependent upon the Assessor’s budget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Answer phones in a polite manner to assist the public with additions or deletions to personal property assessments.
- STARTING SALARY OF $18.00 PER HOUR, DEPENDENT UPON EXPERIENCE
- FLEXIBLE WORK SCHEDULE OF 20-30 HOURS PER WEEK OFFERED MONDAY/FRIDAY DURING OFFICE HOURS OF 8 AM TO 4:30 PM.
- THIS POSITION MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR ENROLLMENT IN THE ARKANSAS PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM (APERS) DEPENDENT UPON THE NUMBER OF HOURS WORKED PER MONTH.
2. Assist walk-ins in a polite manner with additions or deletions to personal property assessments.
3. Direct customers to various departments as needed.
4. Contact with other counties to assist the public seeking prior or current assessment information outside Saline County.
5. Assist the Business Property Manager with any filing or research that may be needed.
6. Assist business property manager with printing and mailing of Commercial Personal Property Rendition forms on an annual basis.
7. Downloads internet assessments, amend and update the accounts and notify the taxpayer of completion of assessment process.
8. Updating ownership records in real estate from simple lot and block deeds to metes and bounds descriptions that may need a detailed verification on boundary lines or ownership.
9. Support CAMA/Homestead office, provide assistance to walk in or phone calls with information regarding Amendment 79.
10. Must be available to go to Hot Springs Village, set up equipment and assist customers with real estate and personal property issues.
11. Assist with Excel spreadsheets from DF&A, contacting customers and making corrections.
12. Handling the stress of non-stop phone calls, walk in customers in a fast-paced environment.
13. Perform open and closing duties of the office.
Employees should possess the ability to work well within a group atmosphere and be an excellent team player. The skills to meet and greet numerous amounts of people courteously in a necessity.
The duties listed intended only to show the various types of duties that will be performed. The omission of specific statement of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
All positions within the Assessor’s Office are assigned by the Assessor or a designated representative and are subject to be changed when deemed in the best interest of the Office. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between Saline County and the employee and is subject to change by the employer if the need of the employer and requirements of the job change.
SALINE COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER